Please read the following terms and conditions very carefully as your use of service is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with the following terms and conditions ("Terms").
By subscribing to or using www.sportsunity.co, its sub-domains and Sports Unity App (mobile application accessible from mobile device) collectively referred to “Sports Unity site” and any of our services you agree that you have read, understood and are legally bound by the Terms, regardless of how you subscribe to or use the services. If you do not want to be bound by the Terms, you must not subscribe to or use our services.
Sports Unity Service
Information provided by you through the Sports Unity Site may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Sports Unity. Sports Unity has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, Sports Unity will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Service, you expressly acknowledge and agree that Sports Unity shall not be responsible for any damages, claims or other liability arising from or related to your use of any third-party website.
You may use the Sports Unity site without registration. However, to participate in certain activities of the Sports Unity site you may be required to create an account by logging in through your Google account,Facebook account or any other third party service account permitted by the Sports Unity site. In the event you wish to create an account with us you may do so by completing the registration process. You agree to a) provide true, accurate, correct and complete information as prompted by the applicable registration form b) maintain and update true, accurate, correct and complete information provided by you during the registration process. You may be required to choose a password and user name. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account.
You shall be solely responsible for your own registration information submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them, because Sports Unity is only acting as a repository of data and make no guarantee as to the validity, accuracy, or legal status of any information / submissions.
If at any time Sports Unity believes that your account and password is being misused in any manner, or that the information provided by you during the registration process is not true, inaccurate or incomplete, then Sports Unity reserves the right to cancel your account and block your access to Sports Unity site.
You are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify Sports Unity of any unauthorized use of your account or any breach of security via email (email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Although Sports Unity will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account or your failure to comply with this section, you may be liable for the losses of Sports Unity or others due to such unauthorized use.
If Sports Unity charges you a platform fee in respect of any Sports Unity Services, Sports Unity shall, without delay, repay such platform fee in the event of suspension or removal of your account or Sports Unity Services on account of any negligence or deficiency on the part of Sports Unity, but not if such suspension or removal is effected due to:
A. any breach or inadequate performance by the User of any of these Terms and Conditions; or
B. any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Sports Unity.
Use of the Sports Unity site
All materials provided on the Sports Unity site, including but not limited to all information, materials, functions text, logos, designs, graphics, images, sounds, software, documents, products and services (collectively, the "Materials"), and the selection, arrangement and display thereof, are the copyrighted works of the Sports Unity /or its vendors or suppliers. All Materials herein and all Sports Unity software are proprietary to Sports Unity and protected by worldwide copyright and other intellectual property laws. Except as stated herein, none of the Materials may be modified, copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, sold, compiled, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or other means, without the prior express written permission of the Sports Unity.
You may post/share links/images/text content on the Sports Unity site on social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram or any other social sharing platform with appropriate link-back to the original source.
When the Sports Unity site provides for the download of particular Material including a software, you may download such Material or software to a computer or mobile device (as applicable) for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you (a) keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices, (b) make no modifications to, and do not rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, copy (except to create a single copy for your own back-up purposes), or create any derivative works based on the Site or the Material including the software, in whole or in part, and (c) transfer any Material or software or any part thereof to any other computer or mobile device. Any commercial or business use of the Sports Unity site or any Material including the Software is expressly prohibited.
Except as expressly provided above, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right under any patent, trademark or copyright of the Sports Unity.
You shall not, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information on the Site, that (refer Sports Unity list 6.13) -
- belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming" or unsolicited commercial advertisement;
- harm minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonate another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
User Status Submissions
A.The Sports Unity Service allows Sports Unity Site users to submit status text, profile photos and other communications submitted by you, as well as the automatic submission of your “last seen” status (collectively, the "Status Submissions"). These Status Submissions may be hosted, shared, and/or published as part of the Sports Unity Service, and may be visible to other users of the Service which you have not expressly blocked. For clarity, direct messages, location data and photos or files that you send directly/share to other Sports Unity Site users will only be viewable by those Sports Unity Site user(s) or group(s); but Status Submissions may be globally viewed by Sports Unity Site users, unless the user is blocked by you. Currently, we have no method of providing different levels of visibility of your Status Submissions among users that have your mobile phone number – you acknowledge and agree that any Status Submissions may be globally viewed by users, so don’t submit or post status messages or profile photos that you don’t want to be seen globally. A good rule of thumb is if you don’t want the whole world to know something or see something, don’t submit it as a Status Submission to the Service. The submission of your 'last seen' status is done on an automatic basis. As clarified in the following section, you retain your ownership rights in your Status Submissions. You understand that whether or not such Status Submissions are published, Sports Unity does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any submissions. Further, Sports UNity reserves the right to discontinue the 'last seen' feature on its website/mobile application at any point of time.
B.You shall be solely responsible for your own Status Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. Because Sports Unity is only acting as a repository of data, user submitted statuses do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Sports Unity and Sports Unity makes no guarantees as to the validity, accuracy or legal status of any status. In connection with Status Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize Sports Unity to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all Status Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the Status Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Service and these Terms of Service; and (ii) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the Status Submission to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of the Status Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Service and these Terms of Service. To be clear: you retain all of your ownership rights in your Status Submissions, but you have to have the rights in the first place. However, by submitting the Status Submissions to Sports Unity Site, you hereby grant Sports Unity a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Status Submissions in connection with the Sports Unity Service and Sports Unity's (and its successor's) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Sports Unity Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each subscriber to your status on the Sports Unity Service a non-exclusive license to access your Status Submissions through the Service. The foregoing license granted by you terminates once you remove or delete a Status Submission from the Sports Unity Service.
C.To file a copyright infringement notification, please send a written communication that includes substantially the following Copyright Act): (i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material, including the mobile phone number of the Sports Unity user allegedly infringing the copyrighted work; (iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted; (v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Such takedown notices may be emailed to support at sportsunity.co. Sports Unity reserves the right to remove content and Status Submissions without prior notice. Sports Unity may also terminate a user's access to the Service, if they are determined to be a repeat infringer, or for any or no reason, including being annoying. A repeat infringer is a User who has been notified of infringing activity more than once and/or has had a Status Submission removed from the Service more than twice. An annoying person is anyone who is (capriciously or not) determined to be annoying by authorized Sports Unity employees, agents, subagents, superagents or superheros. Sports Unity also reserves the right to decide whether content or a Status Submission is appropriate and complies with these Terms of Service for violations other than copyright infringement and violations of intellectual property law, such as, but not limited to excessive length or limited interest. Sports Unity may remove such Status Submissions and/or terminate a User's access for uploading such material in violation of these Terms of Service at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
D.You understand that when using the Sports Unity Site you will be exposed to Status Submissions from a variety of sources, and that Sports Unity is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Status Submissions, and that such Status Submissions are not the responsibility of Sports Unity. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Status Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Sports Unity with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold Sports Unity, its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Sports Unity Site.
E.Sports Unity permits you to link to materials on the Service for personal purposes only. Sports Unity reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Sports Unity Site at any time.
Use of Public Forum
Certain sections or pages of the Sports Unity site contain a provision (“group chats” or “public wall”) hereinafter referred to as ("Public Forum") for the users to post or upload comments, feedback, data, links, videos, audios, graphics, images, messages and other material ("User Content"). Through the Public Forum you can communicate with other users of the Site.
You are entirely responsible for all the User Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available on the Public Forum. You understand that such User Content can be viewed by other users of the Sports Unity site and therefore you shall exercise due care to ensure that such User Content does not offend or abuse other users of the Sports Unity site. Sports Unity does not control the User Content posted on the Public Forum and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such User Content. You understand that by using the Sports Unity site, you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Sports Unity be liable in any way for any User Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any User Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any User Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available on the Sports Unity site.
When you post or upload Your Content on the Sports Unity site, you grant Sports Unity (and its licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorised users), the rights a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, and irrevocable right and license to reproduce, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, perform or display such User Content, in whole or in part, in any form, media or technology known or hereafter developed.
You agree that Sports Unity has no liability or responsibility for the storage or deletion of any User Content and reserves the right to change its general practices and limits at any time in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise stated, copyright and all intellectual property rights in all Materials on the Sports Unity site (including but not limited to text, audio, video or graphical images, or technology, the look and feel of the Sports Unity site), trademarks and logos appearing on this Sports Unity site are the property of the Sports Unity and are owned and controlled by us or by other parties that have licensed their material to us. Materials on the Sports Unity site are solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You must not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute such material in any way, including by e-mail or other electronic means and whether directly or indirectly and you must not assist any other person to do so. Without the prior written consent of the owner, modification of the Materials, use of the Materials on any other web site or networked computer environment or use of the Materials for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use is a violation of the copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights, and is prohibited. Any use for which you receive any remuneration, whether in money or otherwise, is a commercial use for the purposes of this clause. You agree not to use any framing techniques to enclose any trademark or logo or other proprietary information of Sports Unity or remove, conceal or obliterate any copyright or other proprietary notice or any credit-line or date-line on other mark or source identifier included on the Sports Unity site, including without limitation, the size, colour, location or style of all proprietary marks. Any infringement shall be vigorously defended and pursued to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We respect other people's intellectual property rights and if you believe that any content or material on the Sports Unity site infringes on your intellectual property rights you can write to us at email@example.com
The Sports Unity site,, all the Materials and products (including but not limited to software) and any services, included on or otherwise made available to you through this Sports Unity site, are gathered from a variety of sources and are intended solely as general information and provided on "as is" and "as available" basis. Sports Unity has endeavoured to ensure that all the information on the Website is correct, but Sports Unity neither warrants nor makes any representations regarding the quality, accuracy or completeness of any data, information, Product or Service. They do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision. Any specific advice or replies to queries in any part of the Sports Unity site, is/are the personal opinion of such experts/consultants/persons and does not constitute or indicate our endorsement, representation or warranty of such information and are not subscribed to by this Sports Unity site,. Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, Sports Unity does not make warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the USE CONTENT and assumes no liability or responsibility for:
(i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of Sports Unity site,, (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of Sports Unity site, and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from (v) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through our service through the actions of any third party, and/or (vi) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via use of our site. Sports Unity does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through Sports Unity site, or any hyperlinked website or other advertising, and Sports Unity will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
Sports Unity may establish on the Sports Unity site, a hypertext link to a third party website from time to time. Such link is provided for information and convenience of the users and does not state or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of third party website by Sports Unity. Sports Unity has no control over such third party website and your use of such third party website or any offsite dealings with such third parties is at your own risk.
Use of Google Analytics and Clevertap
The Site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the Sports Unity site,. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Site (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Site, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
The mobile application uses Clevertap, a mobile analytics service provided by WizRocket, Inc. Clevertap tracks your activities on the mobile application by means of tracking which parts of the app you tap on. Sports Unity shares your activity data with Clevertap for analytics purposes. WizRocket may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on WizRocket's behalf. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by WizRocket in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Some part of the Sports Unity site, may contain advertising information, surveys, promotion material or other material submitted to Sports Unity by third parties. Responsibility for ensuring that the material submitted for inclusion on Sports Unity site, complies with applicable law is exclusively on the party providing the information/material. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of advertisers or including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between You and such advertiser. Sports Unity will not be responsible or liable for any claim, error, omission, inaccuracy in advertising material or any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Sports Unity site,. Sports Unity reserves the right to omit, suspend or change the position of any advertising material submitted for insertion.
Special Note to International Users
Limitation of Liability
You specifically acknowledge that Sports Unity shall not be liable for user submissions or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
Unity may, at its sole and absolute discretion, take necessary remedial action, including but not limited to:
- restricting, suspending, or terminating your access to all or any part of Sports Unity Services;
- deactivating or deleting your account and all related information and files on the account. Any Winnings Amount on the date of deactivation or deletion shall be transferred to the User's Paytm account on record with Sports Unity subject to a processing fee (if any) applicable on such transfers as set out herein; or
- refraining from awarding any prize(s) to such User.
- You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information at the time of registration and at all other times (as required by Sports Unity). You further agree to update and keep updated your registration information.
- You shall not register or operate more than one User account with Sports Unity. You agree to ensure that you can receive all communication from Sports Unity by marking e-mails from Sports Unity as part of your "safe senders" list. Sports Unity shall not be held liable if any e- mail remains unread by you as a result of such e-mail getting delivered to your junk or spam folder.
- Any password issued by Sports Unity to you may not be revealed to anyone else. You may not use anyone else's password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password. You agree to immediately notify Sports Unity of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
- You agree to exit/log-out of your accounts at the end of each session. Sports Unity shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that may result if you fail to comply with these requirements.
- You agree not to use cheats, exploits, automation, software, bots, hacks or any unauthorised third party software designed to modify or interfere with Sports Unity Services and/or Sports Unity experience or assist in such activity.
- You agree not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, reverse engineer, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any right to the technology or software underlying Sports Unity or Sports Unity Services.
- You agree that without Sports Unity's express written consent, you shall not modify or cause to modify any files or software that are part of Sports Unity's Services.
- You agree not to disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of (a) any computer or server used to offer or support Sports Unity or the Sports Unity Services (each a "Server"); or (2) the enjoyment of Sports Unity Services by any other User or person.
- You agree not to institute, assist or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation to distribution of a virus, denial of service, or other attempts to disrupt Sports Unity Services or any other person's use or enjoyment of Sports Unity Services.
- You shall not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the User accounts, Servers or networks connected to Sports Unity Services by any means other than the User interface provided by Sports Unity, including but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device, or software that underlies or is part of Sports Unity Services.
- Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to use Sports Unity for any of the following:
- To engage in any obscene, offensive, indecent, racial, communal, anti-national, objectionable, defamatory or abusive action or communication;
- To harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate any legal rights of other individuals;
- To publish, post, upload, e-mail, distribute, or disseminate (collectively, "Transmit") any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful content;
- To Transmit files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage or adversely affect the operation of another person's computer, Sports Unity, any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
- To advertise, offer or sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose on Sports Unity without the express written consent of Sports Unity;
- To Transmit content regarding services, products, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, spam, unsolicited advertising or promotional materials, or chain letters;
- To advertise, offer or sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose on Sports Unity without the express written consent of Sports Unity;
- To Transmit content regarding services, products, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, spam, unsolicited advertising or promotional materials, or chain letters;
- To download any file, recompile or disassemble or otherwise affect our products that you know or reasonably should know cannot be legally obtained in such manner;
- To falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or the source of software or other material;
- To restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any public area within our sites;
- To collect or store personal information about other Users;
- To interfere with or disrupt Sports Unity, servers, or networks;
- To impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a representative of Sports Unity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent User's affiliation with a person or entity;
- To forge headers or manipulate identifiers or other data in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through Sports Unity or to manipulate User's presence on Sports Unity(s);
- To take any action that imposes an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- To engage in any illegal activities.
- If you choose a username that, in Sports Unity's considered opinion is obscene, indecent, abusive or that might subject Sports Unity to public disparagement or scorn, Sports Unity reserves the right, without prior notice to you, to change such username and intimate you or delete such username and posts from Sports Unity, deny you access to Sports Unity, or any combination of these options.
- Unauthorized access to Sports Unity is a breach of these Terms and Conditions, and a violation of the law. You agree not to access Sports Unity by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Sports Unity for use in accessing Sports Unity. You agree not to use any automated means, including, without limitation, agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access, monitor, or copy any part of our sites, except those automated means that we have approved in advance and in writing.
- Use of Sports Unity is subject to existing laws and legal processes. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall limit Sports Unity's right to comply with governmental, court, and law- enforcement requests or requirements relating to Users' use of Sports Unity.
- Users may contact firstname.lastname@example.org with problems or questions, as appropriate.
- Persons below the age of eighteen (18) years are required to seek permission or consent from their parents or legal guardians before furnishing data, participating or entering on Sports Unity or the Sports Unity Services or inter alia, in the contest, uploading pictures, playing games or being part, directly or indirectly, of any activity on Sports Unity. Entry to Sports Unity without consent from parent/s or legal guardian and consequent participation in any activity on Sports Unity Website is not permitted and such person is subject to disqualification at the sole and absolute discretion of Sports Unity, whenever it comes to the knowledge of Sports Unity.
- Sports Unity believes that parents should supervise their children's online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing online their name, address and other personal information without parental permission.
- Although persons below the age of 18 years are allowed to use certain Sports Unity Services on the Sports Unity with the consent of their parent/s or legal guardians, they may not (where expressly stated in the rules of the Contest) participate in Contest(s) hosted by Sports Unity.
- Sports Unity may not be held responsible for any content contributed by Users on the Sports Unity.
- Users agree not to institute, assist or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation to distribution of a virus, denial of service, or other attempts to disrupt Sports Unity Services or any other person's use or enjoyment of Sports Unity Services.
- Users shall not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the User accounts, Servers or networks connected to Sports Unity Services by any means other than the User interface provided by Sports Unity, including but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device, or software that underlies or is part of Sports Unity Services.
Limitation of Liability
specifically acknowledge that Sports Unity shall not be liable for user submissions or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
Tournaments, Participation and Prizes
As part of its services, Sports Unity may also conduct contest(s) on the Sports Unity. Currently, Sports Unity provides the following Sports Unity Services: 1) Practice quiz matches and 2) Tournament mode quiz matches. Individual users wishing to participate in the Sports Unity Services ("Participants") can compete in one-on- one ‘super over’ quiz matches with other users.
Super Over match terminology –
- Role – A user when playing a super over quiz match, is assigned a role at the beginning, The role can be either ‘batsman’ or ‘bowler’.
- Innings – The duration within a super over quiz match during which a user is the ‘batsman’ is called that user’s innings
- Runs – A user scores ‘runs’ in a super over quiz match. Whoever scores more runs at the end of the match is the winner.
- Aggression Meter – The bowler ends the batsman’s innings by filling up his/her own aggression meter during the super over quiz match.
- Out – When a bowler fills up his/her aggression meter to end the batsman’s innings, the batsman is declared ‘out’.
Tournaments – A tournament is a group of 2 or more users participating in a timed event lasting a duration that is pre-specified on Sports Unity site. When a user participates in a tournament, he/she is required to play super over quiz matches as part of the tournament. The aim of the tournament is to accumulate the maximum number of points relative to other users in the tournament. Users accumulate points by playing and winning super over matches. The number of points earned by winning matches is specified on Sports Unity site. In order to participate in a tournament, a user needs to consume his/her virtual currency on the Sports Unity site. Users may be eligible for prizes in various forms (virtual currency or Paytm cash) as would be specified on the Sports Unity site before participating in the tournament. Prizes in the form of Paytm cash will accumulate in your ‘winnings’ account. If there are multiple winners in a tournament, the prize will be equally divided among the winners.
You can earn virtual currency by purchasing one of multiple service pack options on the Sports Unity site using the payment gateway partner(s) integrated with the Sports Unity site. The service packs give you the right to receive customer support with the following terms *
|Fee for Access to Sports Unity Services||Email Response (in hrs,mins)|
|Rs. 10||388 hr, 10 mins|
|Rs. 15||358 hr, 10 mins|
|Rs. 50||233 hr, 10 mins|
|Rs. 75||178 hr, 10 mins|
|Rs. 150||128 hr, 10 mins|
* Time mentioned is calculated between 10am-6pm on working days only.
- Your prize in the form of Paytm cash in any Tournament will reflect as credits to your winnings account. It is clarified that in no instance will Sports Unity permit the transfer of any amounts from your winnings accounts to any other user’s winnings account or any third party account, including a bank account held by a third party.
- You agree that once you confirm a transaction on Sports Unity, you shall be bound by and make payment for that transaction.
- You acknowledge that transactions on Sports Unity may take up to 24 hours to be processed. Any amount paid may take up to 24 hours to reflect in your virtual currency earned. You agree not to raise any complaint or claim against Sports Unity in respect of any delay, including any lost opportunity to join any Tournament due to delay in crediting of transaction amount into virtual currency.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
All virtual currency that are purchasable from the Sports Unity site are subject to this refund policy. Virtual currency that are 'purchased' by the user using our payment gateway partners are non cancellable and non refundable once the virtual currency have been credited to your virtual currency balance. If you make a payment to purchase virtual currency, but the virtual currency has not yet been credited to the user's account ( Due to a technical issue or any other reason ), then you can claim a refund and the same will be completed within 72 hours*of raising the refund request.
The 72 hours window begins at the time of receiving the refund request email from you( Please send your request to email@example.com ) with details of the bank transaction mentioned in the email. Sports Unity may at its sole and absolute discretion permit a refund of your payment if you have purchased virtual currency, but have not consumed any portion of your virtual currency before raising the refund request. After raising the refund request, if you consume any portion of the virtual currency, then Sports Unity is not liable to process a refund. Virtual currency that are earned via means that do not involve a payment made by a user (such as watching a video ad to earn virtual currency) are not subject to refunds.
* Time mentioned is calculated between 10am - 6pm on working days only.
Tournament Cancellations and Losses
Sports Unity may cancel a tournament due to insufficient number of participants in the tournament or if our servers become unresponsive beyond a threshold limit (in minutes) decided by Sports Unity. In such a scenario, if you are a member of a cancelled tournament, you will receive the virtual currency you consumed as part of the tournament as a full refund within 48 hours*. You agree, that in no case will you make a claim to receive the refund in any other form (including bank transfer).
Further, Sports Unity is not responsible if you do not win a tournament. You agree to not make any claim to receive a refund (in the form of virtual currency or any other form) if you do not win a tournament.
You can transfer any portion of your winnings to a desired Paytm wallet of your choice if your winnings are beyond a specific threshold. The threshold is mentioned on Sports Unity site. Once you raise a request to withdraw a portion of your winnings, Sports Unity will initiate a request within 120 hours* to Paytm to transfer the amount to the Paytm wallet desired by you. You agree to not hold Sports Unity responsible for any delay or failure in transferring the requested amount to your desired Paytm wallet once Sports Unity has sent a request to Paytm.
*Time mentioned is calculated between 10am - 6pm on working days only
All prizes shall be subject to deduction of tax ("TDS") as per the Income Tax Act 1961. Winners will be provided TDS certificates in respect of such tax deductions. The Winners shall be responsible for payment of any other applicable tax, including but not limited to, income tax, gift tax, etc. in respect of the prize money.
You winning a tournament constitutes permission for Sports Unity, and its affiliates to use your name, voice and comments for advertising and promotional purposes in any media worldwide for purposes of advertising and trade without any further permissions or consents and / or additional compensation whatsoever.
You further undertake that you will be available for promotional purposes as planned and desired by Sports Unity without any charge. The exact dates remain the sole discretion of Sports Unity. Promotional activities may include but not be limited to press events, internal meetings and ceremonies/functions.
If it comes to the notice of Sports Unity that any governmental, statutory or regulatory compliances or approvals are required for conducting any Tournament(s) or if it comes to the notice of Sports Unity that conduct of any such Tournament(s) is prohibited, then Sports Unity shall withdraw and / or cancel such Tournament(s) without prior notice to any Participants or winners of any Tournament(s). You agree not to make any claim in respect of such cancellation or withdrawal of the Tournament in any manner.
Employees, directors, affiliates, relatives and family members of Sports Unity, will not be eligible to participate in any Tournament(s).
Dispute and Dispute Resolution
- The courts of competent jurisdiction at New Delhi shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any and all disputes arising out of, or in connection with, the Sports Unity Services provided by Sports Unity (including the Contest(s)), the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of the User(s) (including Participants) or Sports Unity, as well as the exclusive jurisdiction to grant interim or preliminary relief in case of any dispute referred to arbitration as given below. All such issues and questions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India.
- In the event of any legal dispute (which may be a legal issue or question) which may arise, the party raising the dispute shall provide a written notification ("Notification") to the other party. On receipt of Notification, the parties shall first try to resolve the dispute through discussions. In the event that the parties are unable to resolve the dispute within fifteen (15) days of receipt of Notification, the dispute shall be settled by arbitration by sole arbitrator to be appointed by any one of the directors of Sports Unity.
- The place of arbitration shall be New Delhi, India. All arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English and in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, as amended from time to time.
- The arbitration award will be final and binding on the Parties, and each Party will bear its own costs of arbitration and equally share the fees of the arbitrator unless the arbitral tribunal decides otherwise. The arbitrator shall be entitled to pass interim orders and awards, including the orders for specific performance and such orders would be enforceable in competent courts. The arbitrator shall give a reasoned award.
- Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall prevent Sports Unity from seeking and obtaining interim or permanent equitable or injunctive relief, or any other relief available to safeguard Sports Unity's interest prior to, during or following the filing of arbitration proceedings or pending the execution of a decision or award in connection with any arbitration proceedings from any court having jurisdiction to grant the same. The pursuit of equitable or injunctive relief shall not constitute a waiver on the part of Sports Unity to pursue any remedy for monetary damages through the arbitration described herein.
Release and Limitations of Liability
- You shall access the Sports Unity Services provided on Sports Unity voluntarily and at your own risk. Sports Unity shall, under no circumstances be held responsible or liable on account of any loss or damage sustained (including but not limited to any accident, injury, death, loss of property) by you or any other person or entity during the course of access to the Sports Unity Services (including participation in the Tournament(s)) or as a result of acceptance of any prize.
- By entering Sports Unity and accessing the Sports Unity Services provided therein, you hereby release from and agree to indemnify Sports Unity, and/ or any of its directors, employees, partners, associates and licensors, from and against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of your access to the Sports Unity Services including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct, indirect, consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission on your part, or otherwise.
- Sports Unity accepts no liability, whether jointly or severally, for any errors or omissions, whether on behalf of itself or third parties in relation to the prizes.
- You shall be solely responsible for any consequences which may arise due to your access of Sports Unity Services by conducting an illegal act or due to non-conformity with these Terms and Conditions and other rules and regulations in relation to Sports Unity Services, including provision of incorrect address or other personal details. You also undertake to indemnify Sports Unity and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents on the happening of such an event (including without limitation cost of attorney, legal charges etc.) on full indemnity basis for any loss/damage suffered by Sports Unity on account of such act on your part.
- You shall indemnify, defend, and hold Sports Unity harmless from any third party/entity/organization claims arising from or related to your engagement with Sports Unity or participation in any Tournament. In no event shall Sports Unity be liable to you for acts or omissions arising out of or related to your engagement with Sports Unity or your participation in any Tournament(s).
- In consideration of Sports Unity allowing you to access the Sports Unity Services hosted on Sports Unity, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you waive and release each and every right or claim, all actions, causes of actions (present or future) you have or may have against Sports Unity, its respective agents, directors, officers, business associates, group companies, sponsors, employees, or representatives for all and any injuries, accidents, or mishaps (whether known or unknown) or (whether anticipated or unanticipated) arising out of the provision of Sports Unity Services or related to the Tournaments or the prizes of the Tournaments.
- To the extent permitted under law, neither Sports Unity nor its parent/holding company, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees shall be responsible for the deletion, the failure to store, the mis-delivery, or the untimely delivery of any information or material.
- To the extent permitted under law, Sports Unity shall not be responsible for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material, the quality of servers, games, products, Sports Unity services or sites, cancellation of tournaments and prizes. Sports Unity disclaims any responsibility for, and if you pay for access to one of Sports Unity's Services you will not be entitled to a refund as a result of, any inaccessibility that is caused by Sports Unity's maintenance on the servers or the technology that underlies our sites, failures of Sports Unity's service providers (including telecommunications, hosting, and power providers), computer viruses, natural disasters or other destruction or damage of our facilities, acts of nature, war, civil disturbance, or any other cause beyond our reasonable control. In addition, Sports Unity does not provide any warranty as to the content on Sports Unity. Sports Unity content is distributed on an "as is, as available" basis.
- Any material accessed, downloaded or otherwise obtained through Sports Unity is done at your discretion, competence, acceptance and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any potential damage to your computer system or mobile phone or loss of data that results from your download of any such material.
- Sports Unity shall make best endeavours to ensure that Sports Unity is error-free and secure, however, neither Sports
Unity nor any of its partners, licensors or associates makes any warranty that:
In case Sports Unity discovers any error, including any error in the determination of Winners or in the transfer of
amounts to your winning account, Sports Unity reserves the right (exercisable at its discretion) to rectify the error
in such manner as it deems fit, including through a set-off of the erroneous payment from amounts due to you or deduction
from your account of the amount of erroneous payment. In case of exercise of remedies in accordance with this clause,
Sports Unity agrees to notify the User of the error and of the exercise of the remedy(ies) to rectify the same.
- Sports Unity will meet your requirements,
- Sports Unity will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free
- the results that may be obtained from the use of Sports Unity will be accurate or reliable; and
- the quality of any products, Sports Unity Services, information, or other material that you purchase or obtain through Sports Unity will meet your expectations.
- To the extent permitted under law, neither Sports Unity nor its partners, licensors or associates shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use our sites, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Any Sports Unity Services, events or Tournament(s) being hosted or provided, or intended to be hosted or provided by Sports Unity and requiring specific permission or authority from any statutory authority or any state or the central government, or the board of directors shall be deemed cancelled or terminated, if such permission or authority is either not obtained or denied either before or after the availability of the relevant Sports Unity Services, events or Tournament(s) are hosted or provided.
- To the extent permitted under law, in the event of suspension or closure of any Services, events or Tournaments, you shall not be entitled to make any demands, claims, of any nature whatsoever
- Sports Unity may be required under certain legislations, to notify you of certain events. You hereby acknowledge and consent that such notices will be effective upon Sports Unity posting them on Sports Unity or delivering them to you through email address provided by you at the time of registration or as a notification in your user account. If you do not provide Sports Unity with accurate information, or do not view the notification sent to your user account, Sports Unity cannot be held liable for your failure to view the notification.
- Sports Unity shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to any failure to perform due to unforeseen circumstances or cause beyond Sports Unity's control such as acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, network infrastructure failures, strikes, or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labour or materials or any cancellation of any cricket match to which a Tournament may relate. In such circumstances, Sports Unity shall also be entitled to cancel any related Tournament(s) and to process an appropriate refund for all Participants.
- Sports Unity's failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of Sports Unity or these Terms must be filed within thirty (30) days of such claim or cause of action arising or be forever barred.
- These Terms and Conditions, including all terms, conditions, and policies that are incorporated herein by reference, constitute the entire agreement between you and Sports Unity Private Limited and govern your use of Sports Unity, superseding any prior agreements that you may have with Sports Unity Private Limited.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be indefinite, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable, the rest of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force.
- Sports Unity reserves the right to moderate, restrict or ban the use of Sports Unity, specifically to you, or generally, in accordance with Sports Unity's policy/policies from time to time, at its sole and absolute discretion and without any notice.
- Sports Unity may, at its sole and absolute discretion, permanently close or temporarily suspend any Sports Unity Services (including any Tournament(s)).
Neither you nor Sports Unity will be deemed to have any liability whatsoever to the other or to any third party for any failure of performance hereunder occasioned by an act of God, force of nature, war or warlike activity, insurrection or civil commotion, labor dispute, transportation delay, governmental regulatory action whether or not with proper authority or other cause similar or dissimilar to the foregoing and beyond its reasonable control, provided the affected party gives prompt notice to the other party.
In the Event of Merger, Conversion, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that Sports Unity is acquired by or merged with a third party entity or converted into a Company, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, conversion or other change of control. In the (hopefully) unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
If you are under 18 years of age or a minor in your country of residence, please ask your legal guardian's permission to use or access the Sports Unity Site. Sports Unity takes children's privacy seriously, and encourages parents and/or guardians to play an active role in their children's online experience at all times. Sports Unity does not knowingly collect any personal information from children below the aforementioned age and if Sports Unity learns that Sports Unity has inadvertently gathered personal data from children under the aforementioned age, Sports Unity will take reasonable measures to promptly erase such personal data from Sports Unity’s records.
You further represent and warrant that you are not located in a country that is subject to a Indian Government embargo, or that has been designated by the Indian Government as a” terrorist-supporting” country.