Responsible Gaming Guidelines
Sports Unity is committed to ensure responsible gaming and is dedicated towards providing an enjoyable and positive gaming experience for all of our players. Most people play online games for fun and entertainment, but we recognize that a small percentage of people will attempt to play despite being underage or allow playing online games to control and affect their lives. Sports Unity strives to promote a fair and healthy platform for gaming and entertainment through quiz based games.
1) Protecting Underage Users
- In order to access our platform i.e. Sports Unity, the User must be above the age of 18 years and/or the age of majority in his/her country of residence. The User should affirm and certify that he/she is of such legal age during our account registration process. If the User is below the age of 18 years and/or the age of majority in his/her country of residence, the User(s) is forbidden from using our game of skill platform and he/she should immediately exit and close our website and/or app.
- Underage gaming is an offence and we take steps and measures to verify the identity and age of our User(s). Any User(s) found to be under the age of majority and/or 18 years of age shall have their games/performances cancelled, winnings forfeited, deposits returned and account closed forthwith on an immediate basis. We reserve the right to report any User(s), using our platform, who are under the age of majority and/or 18 years of age to the relevant law enforcement authorities.
- Warning for Parents: Responsible gaming means cautioning the parents for understanding the importance of supervising
their children’s online activities as the internet is easily accessible at homes around the world. As a result, gaming
companies and parents must work collectively to protect children from the offence of underage gaming. To ensure the
safety of children, we recommend installing filtering softwares or firewalls to block minors from accessing certain
websites and programs.
In order to restrict such usage by minors, parents are requested to -
- Not leave children unattended near electronic devices such as mobile devices and/or computers and/or iPads etc. when logged into the User(s) account on the Sports Unity platform.
- Not allow underage children to participate in any Sports Unity game and/or any other activity.
- Keep the Sports Unity username, password, and deposit method details private and out of the reach of children who are underage.
- Counsel and advise their underage children that gaming activity is suitable only for people who have attained the age of majority.
2) Player Protection
As part of the Sports Unity responsible gaming policy and framework, we offer the following player protection measures to enable our customers to control their gaming activities:
- Setting Limits
- Deposit limits allow the User(s) to set a maximum value on the User(s) deposits over a period of time. The User(s) can apply a limit at the account level over a period of seven (7) days. Once a limit is applied, the User(s) is allowed to deposit only up to the maximum applied within that period and the User(s) shall not be allowed to place further deposit once the limit is reached within that period.
- Limit applied for the first time, or when there is no existing limit in place, will take effect immediately upon application. Any increase in, or removal of, limit will be subject strictly to a 24-hour cooling off period; a reduction in limit will be effected immediately.
- Self Exclusion
- Self-exclusion enables the User to exclude himself/herself from accessing our platform including any quiz based
game(s), tournament(s) and/or any other service(s) for a period of time. The User can choose to self-exclude for:
- 24 Hours,
- 1 week,
- 1 month,
- 3 months,
- 6 months,
- 1 year or,
- Once applied, the User shall be logged out of his/her account immediately without any cooling off period. Access to his/her Sports Unity account and the Sports Unity platform including any quiz based game(s), tournament(s) and/or any other service(s) shall be restricted throughout the self-exclusion period, or permanently if permanent self-exclusion was applied for.
- If the User(s) has funds remaining in his/her self-excluded account, he/she should contact our Customer Services team within seven (7) days of exclusion so that funds can be returned to the User. Any running tournaments played prior to the application of self-exclusion shall continue to be in place and any winnings from the same after declaration of the results shall be returned to the User as soon as the event is settled.
- For self-exclusion due to reasons of self-control, we will take all reasonable measures to ensure that the User(s) does not receive any promotional or marketing material throughout the exclusion period. The User(s) shall be aware that this may take up to 48 hours from his/her self-exclusion to be effective. For self-exclusion due to any other reasons, marketing setting that was in place prior to his/her exclusion shall continue to apply unless the User(s) requests otherwise.
- The User shall strictly not be allowed to purchase tickets, play tournaments or to register a new account during the exclusion period. Under no circumstances would the User be allowed to remove the self-exclusion applied before the end of the exclusion period. Self-exclusion shall be removed and the User account re-activated only after the exclusion period has expired (for non-permanent self-exclusion only). To remove self-exclusion following its expiry, the User is directed to contact our Customer Services team in order to re-activate his/her account and for him/her to re-gain access to it. A one-day cooling off period applies before the User(s) is allowed to access his/her Sports Unity account and the Sports Unity platform including any quiz based game(s), tournament(s) and/or any other service(s).
- We will continue to prohibit marketing materials being sent to the User(s) accounts re-activated from exclusion due to self-control, unless and until specifically requested and agreed to by the User(s) following account re-activation.
- If permanent exclusion is applied for, such User(s) account shall be permanently blocked and no re-activation is possible and provisions of point (iii) of this Clause shall apply.
- To protect the interest of self-excluded User(s), we reserve the right to include the User(s) exclusion details in the self-exclusion database(s) that may be maintained by: (i) ourselves; and/or (ii) authorised third parties.
- We also reserve the right to exclude a User(s) for a longer period at our sole discretion.
- Self-exclusion enables the User to exclude himself/herself from accessing our platform including any quiz based game(s), tournament(s) and/or any other service(s) for a period of time. The User can choose to self-exclude for:
Protection of User Information
Our User(s) trust us with their personal documents and information like PAN Cards, Aadhaar Cards, Bank details, etc. We value & hold that trust in high esteem and that is why we strive to keep the information shared with us confidential and secure. Such private information is only used for the User(s) verification purposes and is never disclosed to any third parties without prior written authorization from the User.
3) Fraudulent Behaviour/Collusion
- If, at any point of time, any fraudulent activity (such as false personal details, multiple accounts from same IP address, multiple accounts by same User(s) etc.) is detected, such User(s) account would be immediately blocked and suspended and legal action shall be taken.
- Sports Unity has integrated a surveillance mechanism to spot any malpractice in the game and/or tournament. Our team monitors the gaming sessions to ensure no fraud takes place. Colluding with other User(s) on Sports Unity shall be considered as a form of fraud. We ban User(s) indulging in such collusive activities and their accounts shall be blocked and suspended and their winnings shall stand immediately forfeited and Sports Unity retains all rights to initiate appropriate legal action against such Users.
4) No Cash Transactions
We do not allow, permit or promote cash transactions on the Sports Unity platform.
5) Jurisdiction Restriction
Where a State legislation on gambling exists, it prevails over the Public Gambling Act of 1867. In this regard, the state legislations in Assam, Odisha (Orissa), Telangana prohibit games with money stakes and do not create an exception for games of skill. Thus, residents of Assam, Odisha (Orissa), Telangana, Nagaland and Sikkim are not permitted to play on the Sports Unity platform in any manner.
6) Staff Awareness
At Sports Unity, as part of our ongoing efforts, responsible gaming is one of our most important priorities. We have regular training sessions to ensure our staff is aware and sensitive toward responsible gaming issues and then take the necessary steps required to make sure that the User(s) has a safe and enjoyable gaming experience.