Your Privacy - Our Commitment
At Sports Unity, we are extremely proud of our commitment to protect your privacy and recognise that you have a right to know about the information we access or collect about you, how your information is being used by us and what we do to protect your information. We value your trust in us. We will work hard to earn your confidence so that you can enthusiastically use the Sports Unity Site and recommend us to friends and family. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated as you make full use of Sports Unity Site .
Information you provide
You provide us information about you on the following occasions:
- When you create a user account on the Sports Unity Site, you provide us with, name, phone number, email id, user id and password.
- When you post or upload your comments, opinions and feedback on the Public Forum of the Sports Unity Site.
- When you log on to Sports Unity Site through a third party social networking site account, you provide us your account information with such third party social networking sites which may include your email id, your profile picture and profile data.
- When you access Sports Unity Site you allow the Sports Unity Site to access the features of your mobile device such as the phone number, your contacts, IMEI number of your device, whether a phone call is active, the number that the phone call is connected to and the like. The access to your mobile device features is used to stop the radio commentary and terminate internet access when you make or receive a call. However, Sports Unity Site does not access or store this information on its servers and the access to your mobile device features by the Sports Unity App is solely for the purpose of stopping the radio commentary and the Internet access when you make or receive a call so as to enable you to make or receive a call without any disruption from the Sports Unity App
- The Sports Unity App may access your personal contacts stored on your mobile device for the purpose of enabling you to share with your contacts auto generated live scores of a match/sporting event via SMS as and when you wish to and also to check with members of your contact list are already registered on Sports Unity Site. Sports Unity does not access or store this information on its servers and the access to your contacts by the Sports Unity App is for the purpose of providing you with the convenience of sharing live scores of a match/sporting event with your personal contacts as and when you so desire, chat with your friends, want to see nearby people to connect with them and other information/features contained in the App.
- When you send us a feedback mail, your mobile device's IMEI number, your device model, OS version and the Sports Unity App version is automatically accessed by us. Your name and email id is provided by you to us at your discretion. The information specified in this paragraph is used for the purpose of addressing any specific issues that the user may have and for enhancing user experience and user convenience while using the Sports Unity App.
- We collect the usage pattern of the Sports Unity Site through third party tools like Google Analytics. While we don't know the individual user's usage pattern of the Sports Unity Site, we collect the aggregate usage pattern of all users of Sports Unity Site. However, we are not aware if the third party tools that we use would store individual user specific usage pattern.
- When you use the Sports Unity Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, your phone number, phone number you are requesting the status of and various status information.
- When you use the Sports Unity Site, our servers log certain general information that our application sends whenever a message is sent or received, or if you update or request any status information, including time and date stamps and the mobile phone numbers the messages were sent from and to. . Files that are sent through the Sports Unity Site will reside on our servers after delivery for a short period of time, but are deleted and stripped of any identifiable information within a short period of time in accordance with our general retention policies.
- The cookie stored on your computer or mobile device may be refreshed once every month so that the information stored in the cookie is the latest and most relevant to you. We retain the right to bust the cookie (forcibly reset the cookie) before the expiry of one month from the date of last refresh for any technical reasons. However, any such cookie bust will not target any specific user and will apply to all the users of Sports Unity Site.
Information we collect
When you use Sports Unity Site, we collect and store your personal information from you. Our primary goal in doing so is to provide a safe, efficient, smooth and customised experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to make your experience safer and easier. Importantly, we only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
In general, you can browse Sports Unity Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. To fully use Sports Unity Site, you will need to register using our online registration form, where you may be required to provide us with your name, date of birth, contact number, email id, user id, password, residence / and other personal information as indicated on the forms throughout the Sports Unity Site. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature on the Site.
Link to Third Party Sites
The Way Sports Unity Uses Information
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not rent, use, sell or transfer any information collected from you to advertisers or spammers.
We may disclose your information when it is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, or for prosecution and punishment of offences. These disclosures are made in good faith and belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary for complying with the applicable laws and regulations. We may disclose your information to law enforcement agencies if we believe that the Sports Unity Site is being used for any fraudulent activities or to prevent any fraud or any illegal act that we have reasons to believe may be caused on us or through the use of the Sports Unity Site.
Your information may be accessed by our employees during the course of their normal work, however, such employees are governed by confidentiality agreement and access is provided on a need to know basis for fulfilling the responsibilities assigned to them by us.
Your information may be accessed by third party service providers who are engaged by us to provide any services relating to the Sports Unity Site (such as maintenance services, database management, web analytics etc). These third party service providers have access to your information only to perform the task assigned to them and are governed by confidentiality agreement.
Other users of the Sports Unity Site may see your Status Submissions in a way that is consistent with the use of the Sports Unity Site Service. In other words: If another user has your mobile phone number stored in their mobile phone address book or contact list, they will be able see your status information unless you have chosen to block such user. “Last Seen” information is available and displayed to each user who has your mobile phone number in their mobile phone address book or contact book (and which you have not blocked), and reflects the last approximate time the Sports Unity Site has been used or brought to the foreground on your mobile phone. “Last Seen” information is reported to Sports Unity Site when a user brings the mobile application to the foreground.
GOOGLE AND AMAZON ARE NOT A SPONSOR NOR ARE INVOLVED IN ANY WAY IN THIS CONTEST/DRAW. NO APPLE PRODUCTS ARE BEING USED AS PRIZES.
Special Note to International Users
Our Commitment to Data Security
We take industry standard security measures to protect your information. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store user data. We can not, however, ensure or warrant or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Using unsecured wifi or other unprotected networks to submit messages through Sports Unity use is never recommended.
All information gathered is securely stored within controlled database. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall; access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. Please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed; disclose, altered, or destroyed by bearer of any of our physical, technical or managerial safe guards.
Changes and updates to this Privacy Notice
Date Last Modified:
If you have any questions or suggestions or wish to make a compliant you can contact us at
Sports Unity LLP
43, Community Centre
New Friends Colony,
New Delhi-110025, India